Thursday 17 January 2013

Lake up-date

When to the lake to-day, not to sail a boat!, to have a bit of lunch at the Cafe and give Pepe my Chihuahua a walk round, I don't think he was very impressed!.
As I thought the lake was frozen over.
Not to be deterred the usual Thursday sailors were there again trying to break the ice to have enough space to sail, mad or dedicated I ask myself?, there again I was there to do a bit of repair work on the landing stage, so does that put me in the same category as them, I think so!.
 As you can see quite dull and the water frozen over.
Replaced the rotten piece of wood near the rescue boat house, that was enough for me, it was off to the Cafe where I found that the tables and chairs outside on the balcony have been replaced, metal  tables and metal chairs, quite cold on the old bones in this weather! and table cloth's!!, will all be in the lake with a gust of wind no doubt, but the chip butties were up to their usual standard with more chips than a pig could eat!.
.................................................................................................
Don't forget the fee's are due at this time of year, so why not pop down to the next club meeting on the 23th January and take your wallet, good company and the bar is always open!.
........................................................................................................

.................................................................................
That's all folk's keep warm!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...